Monday, July 28, 2014

Peanut Butter Frosting


A chocolate/peanut butter combo have long been one of my favorite flavor combinations.  This peanut butter frosting hits the spot when I want the chocolate/peanut butter combo in cupcake form.  This recipe uses a lot of peanut butter, which gives this frosting a big peanut butter flavor.  I used natural peanut butter, because that is what I always have on hand.

Peanut Butter Frosting
Note: If I find that this frosting is too stiff, I stir in an additional 1-2 tablespoons of cream to make a smooth, creamy consistency.  (I think beating it a bit too long can cause it to become a bit thick and stiff.)
Ingredients:
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup creamy peanut butter
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
3/4 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/3 cup heavy cream

Directions:
1. In a medium bowl, combine the powdered sugar, peanut butter, butter, vanilla and salt.  Mix with an electric mixer on medium-low speed until creamy.  Add the cream and continue beating until the mixture is light and smooth.  (If the frosting is too stiff, stir in an additional 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream until desired consistency is reached.)

Source: Barefoot Contessa at Home by Ina Garten as seen on www.browneyedbaker.com

No comments:

Post a Comment