Saturday, March 28, 2015

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups


These little gems have all the goodness of a cookie, but in a little mini muffin form.  They are very quick to mix together.  I didn't even pull out my electric mixer; I just mixed the dough together with a wooden spoon.  (I always love it when I don't have beaters to wash.)  And for some reason these seem easier to make than cookies.  Rather than pulling out a couple of cookie sheets and making sure I drop even amounts of dough onto the sheets to make cookies, for these I just stuffed dough into mini muffin cups.  The hardest thing about making these is that my three-year-old (who was "helping" me) was trying to eat the dough as fast as I could put it into the muffin tin. 

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Yield: 2 dozen mini cookie cups
Ingredients:
1 large egg
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and slightly cooled
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, plus extra to sprinkle on top

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Lightly spray 2 dozen mini muffin cups. 

2. In a large bowl add the egg, brown sugar, granulated sugar, peanut butter and vanilla; mix until combined.  Add melted butter and mix until smooth.  Add the flour, baking soda and salt and mix just until combined.  Stir in the chocolate chips. 

3. Fill the mini muffin cups all the way to the top with dough.  Sprinkle a few extra chocolate chips on top.  Bake for 6-9 minutes, or until the tops are set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.  Allow to cool in pan 10-15 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.  Store in an airtight container. 

Source: adapted very slightly from http://bakeeatrepeat.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment